Toronto Youth Theatre (TYT Theatre)
1. We understand that your personal information and privacy is important to you. We make every effort to ensure that the information you share with us is recorded accurately, retained securely, and used only according to your wishes.
2. To provide or offer to you our Services, it is sometimes necessary for us to collect and process certain personal information (“Data”), including some or all of the following: name, address, date of birth, gender, email addresses and/or phone numbers, IP addresses, web-browser details, operating system details, your activities on the Site, your personal preferences relating to the Services and/or other relevant information. We also have a record of your purchases and donations. We sometimes have more detailed information from patrons who have been dedicated and long-term supporters. The Data will be stored together with any additional information you may provide to us, and will be used to provide you with, and to improve, the Services. Also from time to time we and/or our trusted partners may contact you with offers that may interest you and/or to inform you of other products and services. All Data is processed by us in accordance with applicable data protection legislation and we will keep your personal information only for as long as is necessary.
3. The Data is stored on our servers or those of third-party storage service providers. We may, from time to time, expand or reduce our business which may involve the transfer of certain divisions or assets of our company to other parties, and Data, where relevant, may be transferred to such third parties.
4. We may use ‘cookies’ while you access the Site to avoid the need to re-enter details on different occasions. Cookies are also used to collect general usage and volume statistical information. We may use local “shared objects”, also known as “Flash” cookies. Examples of other reasons include:
• enabling us to recognize your device so that you don't have to give the same information to us several times;
• recognizing that you may already have given a username and/or password; and/or,
• measuring how you are using the Site, to make the Site easier to use and to ensure sufficient capacity for quick delivery.
5. Please note you have the right to request access to and rectification or erasure of Data or to object to or request the restriction of processing of your Data. If you have any questions or if you do not want us to retain or use your personal information, you may withdraw your consent (i.e. “opt out”), by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Your name will be added to our patron list when you book tickets, make a donation or register for any classes. This enables you to receive regular communications from TYT. With your consent, you may receive information from us, from our sponsors or other like-minded arts organizations from time to time, that we believe you may find of interest.
We try to contact all our ticket buyers at least once every year to obtain feedback, update information and offer the opportunity to become more closely associated with the TYT.
Sponsorship plays a vital role in funding our productions and helps to keep costs down. TYT may sometimes offer our patrons special promotions on behalf of our sponsors. Sometimes, as a service to our patrons, we may also distribute information regarding related cultural organizations.
Only authorized personnel have access to this information. If ever we share your information with an outside organization (such as the mailing house that sends out our season handbook), we have a contract binding them to the same strict privacy controls that we use ourselves.
Information that you provide at this website during the secure connection is encrypted for security and transferred with no risk of being intercepted. We also assess new technology for protecting customer information on an ongoing basis.